.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, August 29, 2010

 

Mobile Phone Moon again (and Jupiter)

As you know, I'm a big fan of using Mobile Phones for astrophotography, but I've been rubbish at paring them with binoculars for imaging the Moon.

Well, reader Cormac Scanlon took this image of the Moon through binoculars using a mobile phone. The major proble is that the moon is over exposed when Ii try it, and using various filtering materials didn't help.

Cormac has a Nokia n79 phone, and he was able to use the customised 'scene mode'; here are his settings:
flash mode --> off
white balance --> sunny
exposure compensation --> -2.0
colour tone --> normal
light sensititvity --> low
sharpness & contrast --> normal.

I can do something similar on my phone, so I'm going to try as soon as possible. Thanks for the heads up Cormac!

Cormac also got a shot of Jupiter through his binoculars, this time setting sensitivity to high. He said that getting anything other than a semar was hard, I can believe that. Here's hoping Cormac sends us more astronomical images with his mobile phone.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?