.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 21, 2010

 

Flare Fun

This morning was a very nice Iridium flare low in the northern sky. Unfortunately, I placed the camera so that it was completely hidden by that tree in the lower right hand corner. Idiot.

It fitted the pattern of last night. Last night had some nice unexpected satellite passes. I was out checking the sky to see if it was going to clear up for some observations, and I saw a bright light flashing between the clouds as it passed below the Southern Cross. I had picked up an ISS pass I hadn't realised was happening. Later that night, while watching an amazing Iridium flare that I did know about, a second Iridium flare occurred just below it. Pretty good! Of course, I messed up photographing that too.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?