.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, July 08, 2021

 

My images of the ISS pass of 8 July, 2021

The ISS passing under the Southern Cross around 18:20, Canon IXUS 2 seconds exposure, 10 images, but for some reason this new IXUS version defaults to ISO 80 on long exposures. Images stacked in ImageJ and a MAX-Z projection with brightness waaayy up.he ISS passing near Scorpius around 18:20, and disappearing into a cloud bank. Canon IXUS 1 second exposure, 1SO 800. Images stacked in ImageJ and a MAX-Z projection with brightness maxed again. Click to embiggen.


Cloud scotched and idea of imaging Venus and Mars, but were patchy enough to get some shots of the magnitude -3.4 pass of the ISS. I used the custom 10 sequential shots option of my Canon IXUS (on tripod with 10 second delay). The first shot I used long exposure, but this new IXUS version defaults to ISO 80 on long exposures and is kind of rubbish. 

When the first sequence went off I tried to switch over to programed imaging, ISO 800, max1 second exposure, but becuase I was all thumbs by the time I had set everything up the ISS had passed through the scorpions tail and into a cloud bank.

Despite the imaging misadventures I got to see the entire thing and it was wonderful.

Animated GIF of the ISS under the Southern Cross


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?