Monday, March 18, 2013
Yet Another Asteroid Hoax (There will be no Meteor Hitting Mexico this Month)
This is a hoax. There are a number of ways you can tell it is a hoax.
1) The story is illustrated with a picture of comet C/2011 L4 PanSTARRS, not an asteroid.
2) It does not have a real asteroid name, asteroids that do not have proper names (like 4 Vesta), are named year, alphabetical identifier, numerical identifier (eg 2012 DA14). There's a 2013 CL2, but that comes nowhere near us, there's a 2013 CL22, which has a 1/10,000,000 chance of hitting us in 2064, but nothing that fits the hoax description.
3) A 300 meter asteroid impact would be serious, with an impact energy of 1110 Mt or TNT, creating a crater 4.6 Km in diameter, but it's no civilisation killer. The Creataceous/Tertiary impactor that did in the dinosaurs (at least in part) was around 10 Km in diameter.
4) Outside of the various posts promulgating this story, there is no astronomy Professor Herbert Raymond Brown
5) There is no high risk asteroid of any sort in the asteroid hazard lists.
Sometime in the afternoon on march 25 2013 a 300 meter asteroid will impact the earth.
Well not really the earth but the atlantic ocean.
It will cause a wave that will wipe out all coast lines of the atlantic ocean.
Millions of unknowing citizens will die without warning.
This is the only warning that you shall receive .
Good luck and godspeed to those who live in these areas.
He said it's time to bug out if you live within 200 miles of a coast. The earth is going to be a shooting gallery in the coming weeks. He said impacts are coming from meteors and comet have and will destabilize the asteroid belt sending them our way. We will see many more events like the russian one.
He wanted me to let those who would listen to know. He said after the whole Russian debacle they, private and public agencies, began intently viewing the skies and found via space Tracking and Surveillance Systems many meteors heading this way. He said they have a high probability of impacting and the percentages have been increasing weekly.
Sorry for the bad news, I really don't know what I'm going to do? Prepare yourselves.
2) Ray Brown is a science writer, not the alleged Professor Herbert Raymond Brown
Links to this post: