.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, February 19, 2012

 

Imaging comet C/2009 P1 Garradd and M92, February 3, 2012 (part 1)

Comet C/2009 P1 Garradd imaged with iTelescope T4 on February 3 close to M92. Stack of 4 images 120 sec each, stretched with FITS liberator and stacked with imageJ (click to embiggen).

Yes, I know I promised, after putting up the low resolution spotter images, to put up the fully processed images of comet C/2008 Garrad when it passed close to the globular cluster M92.

Well, life happened, and I'm only just processing them now. Here is the first, a close up using T4. I'm not happy with it, and I think I'll have to go back and retry the stretch and stack. I'm doing something wrong somewhere (don't ask about my colour efforts).

I'll post links to other peoples images of Garradd later.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?