.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

 

Virtual Messier Marathon - The Results!

As part of Global Astronomy Month the Virtual Telescope did a Messier Marathon, a tour of as many of the 110 Messier Objects as possible in a night.

Being based in Europe, the marathon started at some impossible time in the morning, but it was still going when I woke up in the wee hours, so I got to see some interesting objects (and also all the on screen commands for the telescope. I probably should have paid more attention for my next Global Rent a Scope session).

Anyway, here are some screen shots of a few of the objects. M53 above.

M106












M108












And my Messier Marathon participation certificate!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?