.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

 

The Moon and Mercury, from the past week.

Mercury is below the crescent Moon in this image from last week, but you will have to click and enlarge the image to see it. The trail above the Moon is an aeroplane.

I didn't get to do much star gazing when I was in Queensland. The series of intense lightning storms that rolled in most of the nights we were there put a stop to that. Mind you, sitting watching great arcs of lightning slash across the sky was pretty entertaining. The occasional "Oh wow that's FANTASTIC" was heard to escape my lips.

Still I was able to see the crescent Moon and Mercury above the twilight hills. Not too shabby I say.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?