.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 07, 2011

 

Jupiter and The Moon, Monday 7th February 2011




















Left image:
Early evening, with the Moon and Jupiter above historic Semaphore, taken with my Mobile Phone. Right Image: mid twilight, the Moon and Jupiter sink towards the sea (click to embiggen).

For the first time in a while the sky was not clouded out or raining, and it wasn't so hot the camera would melt if I tried to take pictures. The boys and I went to chess for the first time in ages, and afterwards, after middle one nearly defeated me in a long game, the Moon and jupiter were shining in the sky above us. I took a photo with my mobile phone, but I had to balance it on the roof of the car, not the best spot when kids are bouncing in said car.

When we got home, I took the camera up to the breach, to get some shots of the pair setting over the water with a red-orange horizon. A most beautiful and peaceful scene.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?