.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 25, 2008

 

Saturn at last!

Last night was the first time in ages that the sky was actually clear. The seeing wasn't too bad either, there was a modest degree of turbulence, but low enough that I dragged Don the 8" out and set it up. I also managed to hit the sweet spot with polar alignment for a change, and the was very little image drift. So encouraged I went for Saturn.

And it was beautiful, I sat (or rather, given the location of the eyepiece, crouched) for ages watching it. Titan was clear and nearby too. I did a very bad sketch of Saturn, then took these images with my mobile phone. I really need to make a mobile phone holder for my scope.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?