.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, December 23, 2005

 

A Competition!

Due to the Chrissy season, I will be unlikely to fire up any computer between now and Jan 9 while we visit rellies, eat to excess and view Christmas lights, so you are unlikely to see any new posts in this time.

But, filled with the joy of Christmas and getting the January Southern Skywatch up (and a good feed of prawns and chocolate fudge) I've decided to give away a copy of the January/February edition of Australian Sky&Space to one lucky person. All you have to do is describe you best skywatching activity over the Chrissy-New Year break. Leave your entry as a comment to this post, and on January 9 I will choose the comment that moves me the most (or is acclaimed by other commenters). Yes, it is insanely subjective, but hey I could just put them all in a hat and draw one out, or choose the post whose word count is a prime number.

Don't put any address details in the comment (people are watching you know). I will contact the winner via the comments to this post, they we can work out posting via private email later on.

Disclaimer: I don't get any revenue from this blog, so you won't be subsidising my retirement fund via your comments. I am a contributing editor to Australian Sky&Space, but I, like all my fellow contributing editors, are volunteers, we don't make any money from our articles, and this is not an official Sky&Space promotion, it's just me giving away a copy out of good cheer rather than cynically trying to drum up trade.

So, Merry Christmas (or your local equivalent celebration), a Happy New Year, keep safe on the roads and may you have clear skies!

Comments:
Hello from Northern hemisphere.
I´m a studient of Zaragoza, Spain,Too far No?
I have a Astroblog too! I like to know there are someone how are interested in this exiting and unknowed science.
So I encourage to continue posting.
Bye Bye!
 
As nobody has left any entries so far, I will propose two posts that I've read recently.

First is Aditi's short post about viewing the sky during a powercut in India.

Second is Peter's night of observations in Central Park (NYC).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?