.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

 

More daytime Venus

Walking through the campus to the train this afternoon, I noted that the sun was completely blocked by the Chemistry building (thanks for the new protein guys!). Idly I wondered if I could locate Venus this early in the afternoon, and without the handy Landmark of the Moon close by. So I located the Moon, found a spot roughly half way between where the Sun should have been and said Moon, and after a couple of seconds hunting Viola, there it was! Clear as a pin. I wonder if I can get a telescope shot in the daytime?

And this afternoon was glorious after all the rain (at least we didn't get flooded like so many suburbs), Mercury is quite bright and is edging up to Antares. Should look very nice in a couple of days.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?